Please indicate which show you are submitting to in the title of your piece.
Produced by So Say We All, a 501c3 literary and performing acts nonprofit based in San Diego, CA, The VAMP Storytelling Showcase is a highly-produced non-fiction multimedia reading series. Each month's performance revolves around a different theme, which is heavily open to interpretation by submitting writers. Out of each round of submitting writers, a cohort is selected to work together over the course of 3-4 weeks in read and critique sessions, provided with writing and performance coaches, and finally provided with a live or digital showcase to perform their original true stories.
READ FIRST BEFORE SUBMITTING:
- You can submit to ANY of our upcoming VAMP Showcases at any time.
- You can submit from anywhere in the world. And space, too.
- Submit here for So Say We All's monthly VAMP (Visual / Audio Monologue Performance) Storytelling Showcase only. Please include a brief bio and your e-mail in the comments section when submitting. VAMP live performances and streams are usually, unless otherwise noted, held on the last Thursday of the month.
- Work should fall between 5-10 minutes in length, however we will consider any length within reason on the understanding that the work will be edited down as close to this length as possible while maintaining its integrity. Between 140-160 words per minute is an average guide. Style, voice, and literary form can vary widely, but we're looking for true, non-fiction stories that involve a transformation (of you, a character, a place, etc.) and offer an insight that we can relate to.
- Please be aware that there is a coaching and critique process for all accepted VAMP submissions [ONLINE DURING COVID]. Coaching sessions & crits are MANDATORY. If your piece is accepted and you can't make either scheduled session, please let us know right away. All reasonable accommodations will be made. We want you to give the best performance possible when we put you on stage [ONLINE DURING COVID].
- So Say We All does not claim any ownership or first-time publication rights to pieces submitted to the VAMP Storytelling Showcase. VAMP is a writing workshop and performance forum. We accept previously submitted work as long as the submitter is willing to participate in the rewrite process.
All scripts are read and voted on by a blind peer review panel comprised of individuals who have performed at previous VAMP Showcases, to ensure bias or nepotism does not affect the selection process. Therefore, please: DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ANYWHERE IN YOUR SCRIPT OR FILE NAME. SERIOUSLY.
Thanks, good luck, and please don't be disheartened if you aren't selected. A rejection is not a statement on the quality of your writing or your personal worth. There are dozens of factors at play when putting a show together, and we want it to always be a reflection of community at large and the people who comprise it.
So Say We All
So Say We All's streaming homage show to the 80's and 90's of public access television is looking for awesome, weird, original video segments, video art pieces, recorded performances, sketches, stand-up, and whatever you can think of and produce independently!
Accepted works will appear in our Public Access Showcase, a recurring streaming video series that highlights all the amazing art happening out there for the purpose of exposing artists to new audiences. We claim no ownership to any of the material we air, and only seek to amplify its awesomeness.
Try and keep it shorter rather than longer, but we'll accept anything up to about 15-minutes, longer if it truly earns each minute; super short and 5-minute pieces are the heart of what we make episodes out of.
We are also gratefully accepting 100% instrumental original music we can use to score our videos with, anything goes.
ALL THE MEDIA IN YOUR PIECE MUST EITHER BE OWNED BY YOU, HAVE WRITTEN PERMISSION TO USE, OR BE IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN.
Send us your short videos, your pitches for video segments you can produce independently, videos from your puppet shows, sketches, stand-up clips, tell us a story on-camera that's riveting, or anything else that pops into your gourd. Upload a video, or a pitch in a word doc, and include all your contact info please so we can get in touch with you. We can't wait to see it!
- So Say We All